This recipe produces a perfect cheesecake – creamy, sweet, and addictive. I mean. Check. It. Out. New York Style, no less.
This sunshine circle of happiness is brought to you (and me) by Chef John from foodwishes.com.
New York Style Cheesecake
(recipe from foodwishes)
3 tbsp melted butter
18 graham crackers/digestive biscuits, crushed finely
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 8oz packages of cream cheese
1½ cups white sugar
⅔ cup milk
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1tsp finely grated orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 175ºc.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix crackers/biscuits and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about half an inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream and vanilla extract in a bowl, and set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon and orange zests, and sour cream mixture. Whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into springform pan and bake for about an hour, when the edges have puffed up slightly and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the middle which should jiggle when the pan is gently shaken.
10. When the baking time is over, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours to prevent cracks in the cheesecake.